November 9, 2007
1) Ben Wallace still sucks. If you caught last night’s Pistons/Bulls game, you’d notice how he still seems to think it’s a better idea for him to a take a shot, rather than someone of the Luol Deng or Ben Gordon type. As well, you would have noticed that in crunch time, Big Ben was nowhere to be seen on the floor. Was he worth it, Chicago?
2) Baron Davis is one of the most underrated players in the league. Hopefully this guy can stay healthy the whole season.
3) I feel like Nene has yet to go a season without an injury. Is this true?
4) Miami is in dire need of a D-Wade comeback. Shaq just isn’t Shaq anymore. He’s just a plain oversized human being who’s pretty good at basketball. He’s not a force anymore and the man is out of shape. Wait until you see the difference D-Wade makes on a team.
5) You gotta love watching Richard Jefferson snagging all the points and rebounds in New Jersey over Vincanity. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Vince fan at heart, but with RJ taking all the spotlight right now, you know it’ll force Vince to work hard to get back into his own spotlight. I expect Vince to go on a big tear, along with the Nets.
6) Who’s going to stop the Celtics?
July 6, 2007
It was reported by ESPN that Andres Nocioni will sign a 5 year contract ( with an option for a 6th year) worth $38 million. I see this a fair value for a terrific bench player. He was limited with injuries this year, and seems a little older than his 27 years of age. A five year contract seems like the perfect amount. I can’t see him staying in the league past the age of 35, as he’ll probably be extremely limited due to injuries a little later in his career. With this contract, he’ll bring a confident attitude into the Bulls locker-room. His 14 point and nearly 6 rebounds is a perfect addition coming off the bench. His versatility is extremely valuable to the Bulls offense. John Paxon looks like he making the right steps. From here, he should try and pursue Pau Gasol again. With Gasol, the Bulls won’t be as weak down low when it comes to low post scoring. If they can make that happen, it’ll be hard to rule the Bulls out as this year’s East champs.
Is Pau Gasol next for the Bulls?
July 5, 2007
Yup. It’s true. Finally released is footage and audio, featuring Kobe Byrant saying “get a Bulls uniform, fellows” after a man told Kobe to stay. Also Kobe outright calls Dr. Bus an idiot in the audio file. I couldn’t believe my eyes ( and my ears) when I saw this site. Apparently the owners of this video and audio were offered $100,000 by a Laker fan with the intention of never releasing it to the public, though the owners wanted to do exactly that. In addition, the New York Times wrote:
“The owners of the video, which was apparently taken without Bryant’s knowledge, had set out to make $100,000 (in increments of $2 pledges), before releasing it to the public. However, a counter on their Web site showed only about 12,000 pledges as of Wednesday afternoon. A spokesman for the group, which has remained anonymous, said it wanted the video released on N.B.A. draft day, when interest in the league would be high. ” See this full article here.
This just comes to show how quickly any rumour becomes reality. Kobe should know he’s in the spotlight 24/7 and should watch what he says, and especially who he talks to.